Tuesday 9 November 2010

Classical guitar progress logging (Nov'10)

Today I'm starting my guitar progress logging, my plan being to record and upload every month a piece that I'm learning, whatever its status, to keep a record of my progress, my struggles, etc.

We start with the Étude Simple n.VI by Leo Brouwer, which can be seen at http://vimeo.com/16656488

Étude Simple n.VI by Leo Brouwer from Angel de Vicente on Vimeo.


My camera doesn't have an input for an external microphone, so I have to rely in its poor quality built-in microphone. (Later on I hope I will be able to learn how to easily and accurately sinchronize video recorded with the camera and audio recorded directly to the computer via microphone, but until then...)

Technical stuff: after editing it with PiTiVi, I render it with the options: VGA(640x480), Audio Output: CD; Container: FFmpeg AVI format muxer; Audio Codec: TwoLAME mp2 encoder; Video Codec: FFmpeg MPEG-4 part 2 encoder

Other codecs gave me problems and the video could not be converted by the Vimeo Servers.

No comments: